Publish a report
Reports show a customized view of a dashboard at a single point in time that can be viewed in a browser or emailed (and be printed or saved from there).
When you publish a report, you can include comments, select which metrics you want to include and share them with users or other people outside of your account.
To publish a report:
- Open the dashboard where you want to publish the report.
- Select Build report in the top navigation.
- On the next page, enter a name for the report at the top of the page. The name must contain 30 or fewer characters.
- Select which metrics you would like to include in the report. You must have at least one metric.
- Select one of the following options:
- Publish and send an email notification to all users who have access to this dashboard.
Note: If your account is integrated with Slack, reports from public dashboards will also be published to the designated Slack channel if you select this option.
- Publish this report without notifying other users.
- Select Publish.
- You will see your report. You can copy the URL and share it with anyone. You can also see a list of all reports by selecting Reports in the left navigation.
Note: Reports share the same permissions as the dashboard where they were published. If a user has access to the dashboard, they can also access the reports from that dashboard. If a dashboard is private, users won't see reports unless they have permission to see the related dashboard. However, anyone can see the report if the link is shared directly with them.